- Slow Cooked Roast Lamb Shoulder - July 29, 2019
- Red Cabbage Slaw with Apple and Pine Nuts - May 21, 2019
- Slow Cooked Beef Ribs with Super Easy Dry Rub - April 10, 2019
- Smokey Flathead with Caper Aioli - January 20, 2019
- Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Brussel Sprout Slaw - November 30, 2018
I took this recipe from Pete Evans’ new book, “Healthy Every Day”. He makes middle eastern sausages, but, to be
honest, I didn’t have much luck getting them to stay on the skewers so I made patties instead.
I also used lamb instead of beef, but really I think any mince would work.
600g minced lamb
2 large handfuls of coriander, finely chopped
1 large handful of mint, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 long green chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
3 large handfulls coriander (inc stems), chopped
2 handfuls of mint leaves, chopped
juice 1/2 lime
1 small red chilli, sliced
3 tbsp coconut oil
Mix all ingredients for meat patties and make into even patties. Heat a pan, griddle or bbq on medium heat and cook the patties evenly until browned on both sides and cooked through (approx 10 mins).
Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the coriander sauce in a food processor/blender to create a sauce.
Serve the patties either topped with the sauce or with the sauce on the side and a fresh garden salad.