It is winter and that means yummy Casseroles. Try this easy, tasty recipe. If you want to
mix up the flavors just use different vegetables.
Simple Paleo Beef Casserole
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5kg diced beef chuck or blade steak
2 large onions – cut into thin wedges
2 leeks – white part only, sliced
2 garlic cloves – crushed
4 sticks celery – trimmed, sliced
2 large carrots – peeled, cut into 3cm piece
2 x 425g cans diced tomatoes (make sure your tinned food has no added sugar or
1/4 cup red wine
1 cup beef stock
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over high heat
2. Cook beef in 4 batches, stirring until browned, then transfer to a plate
3. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil, onions, leeks, garlic, celery and carrots
4. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes
5. Return beef to pan with tomatoes, wine and stock
6. Bring to the boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 1 hour.
7. Uncover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
8. Serve with a side salad