- Should You Exercise When Sick? - July 19, 2019
- Developing A Healthy Relationship With Pain & Injury - May 17, 2019
- How to Get More from Your AMRAP’s - April 1, 2019
- Insights into the 2018 Client Survey - February 12, 2019
- Christmas Opening Hours - December 10, 2018
Firstly, I would really like to thank those of you that took the time and effort to put forward your thoughts so that we better understand you and can can make the information that we deliver to our community more relevant and usable.
We know that we only have a limited time with you face to face and so our blog is an important part of how we try to help you achieve your goals faster and maintain them for longer.
Here is what you said…
Below I share some of the key points that I believe represent the overall responses. These are by no means the only response that we took notice of, however, I wanted to share some of what we heard.
Q1. Why do you read the Ignite blog?
“Easily accessible information from people I personally know and trust”
“Great resources for training and eating tips”
“The blog was the reason I joined Ignite in the first place. Reading what the trainers had to say on a variety of topics gave me the confidence that I would be dealing with a team of professionals that have been doing this for a long time, something that was very important for me”
Q2. Rate from 1 through to 9 (1 being most and 9 being least only using each number once) what content topics and format you most enjoy.
Q3. What’s the ‘one thing’ that you wish we would discuss more thoroughly?
“More videos on technique”
“Training techniques and evolution of a program”
“Training tips, injury management & nutrition”
“More nutrition-based articles”
“Nutrition for different goals and training phases”
“More client stories”
“Maintaining motivation and focus”
Q4. And if you where being totally honest what would be one specific critique of our blog and / or content?
“I really wish that there was more dialogue after the blog itself. I commented often initially but there didn’t seem to be responses?”
“I would genuinely love to interact more online with the trainers and Ignite clients”
“Sometimes I can’t help but get stopped by the typos 😉
“Have actual teaching videos of the trainers teaching specific movements”
“I like it when there’s a pattern”
“Sometimes articles seem a little too small”
“For a new comer and someone that doesn’t necessarily know the personalities of the team, the information might appear to be a little full-on”
Now there is lots of great feedback and ideas there and I need to sit down with my blogging team and discuss them all in detail, however, my top 4 take aways are…
1. You get great value from the blog content, but we could go deeper with our information and give you even more value, but at the same time being aware of potential ‘newbies’ – which we will.
2. Many of you are keen to better understand (more detail than what we could give on the gym floor) certain exercise techniques plus what goes into putting a program together for you.
3. There was no real stand out preferred topic but if I had to pick it would be nutrition, training, mindset, injury prevention which we will cycle more consistently.
4. Some of you are keen to have more online discussion about the content but don’t feel that the current comments systems works that well for several reasons. I have some ideas here and one is a closed Facebook group for members, which I would be keen to hear your thoughts on. Post to comments – haha, or reply to my email or grab me in person.