- 7 reasons to hit the gym during winter - May 10, 2018
- 5 ways to increase your training intensity - March 28, 2018
- 5 simple hacks to give you the edge on fat loss - February 14, 2018
- 3 No-brainers that will set you up for success - January 7, 2018
- Shut your Mouth for Better Health, Performance and even Sex! - November 15, 2017
If you are looking into how to take your training to the next level, increasing your training intensity is a great way to push through plateaus and get the most out of your time spent at the gym.
Training intensity can be defined as the effort put forth to complete your training task. This can be set of squats, metcon or even your mobility sequence.
How do you increase your intensity?
1. Watch the clock – be careful of too much chit chatting between your sets, always stay strict with your rest time
2. Increasing your reps or weight – you just finished a set and if you think you could have done 2 or 3 more reps then go heavier on your next one. If the next step in increasing a weight is too much, then perform more reps.
3. Training partner – find someone who will push you bit harder each time. Don’t be afraid to organise a session with someone better than you or someone who you admire for they work ethic or the way they look. Maybe consider getting a PT session once a week.
4. Set goals and share them – this is a great way of staying on track and making sure you hit every session with intent. It is important to share your goal with someone who keeps you accountable, so you have no option of bailing out.
5. Write things down – it is very hard to remember exactly what you did the last time you trained. Make sure you keep a track of your training, so when you come back to the gym you know where you left last time and can move forward.